Monday 18 September 2023

NOSTALGIA : BRING HOLLYWOOD'S PAST TO PRESENT


  •  When asked why I have chosen to associate the front covers of my magazine with vintage and old styles, I had to justify my decisions. My goal for this magazine is to embrace all eras of the film industry, old and new, and with my target audience, there is an evident wave of appreciation for old trends, and Gen Z seems to love nostalgic aspects of life. I researched and read up on a few articles relating to this, finding reasons to support my media choses and therefore form my slogan: bringing Hollywood's past to present. 
  • https://www.ntu.ac.uk/about-us/news/news-articles/2022/10/expert-blog-how-gen-z-are-using-the-past-to-feel-positive-about-the-future
  • Key points from this article discuss the "tiktok-ification" of nostalgia, which simply means the glorification and and fame amassed within this concept, on the gen z app. 
  • This was a simple yet effective outlet for the nostalgic eras to become viral, not only because of the short clips of romanticised montages appealing to this generations short attention span, but the sense of escapism it gives teenagers from real world issues such as climate change and global health issues. 
  • The love for the past transcends the scope of simple tiktok videos, as teenagers feel moved to buy pieces of clothing, and accessories, to even feel moments of the past they did not directly live in, and live vicariously in them, through their purchases. 
  • This can relate to my target audience and their desire to explore the film universe through different lenses, and restore the allure of olden day films and magazines, to the present day. 

  • Here is my second photoshoot which embodies the roaring 20s, great Gatsby theme and these are unedited original images, which will be touched up 





No comments:

Post a Comment

STATEMENT OF INTENT