Monday 11 September 2023

COURSEWORK SHOOT 1 - COQUETTE

I created a mind map to inspire one of my shoots, and give me further direction on what is required regarding photography, props and mise en scene to reconstruct an authentic version of the images in my mood board. Below is my mood board and results of the photoshoot 

MY WORK 


FURTHER RESEARCH ON NARRATIVE AND INSPIRATION
Seeing as the title of my magazine is called nostalgia, the options for my front cover as well as the context were limitless as nostalgia means something different to everyone and could reference different time periods. Because my audience is 16-25, I chose a reigning aesthetic that is relatively trendy and researched the time period, followed by a film narrative that could complement my cover. After an informed research looking at images, watching different style videos, I concluded the first theme of my photoshoot to take after the Coquette aesthetic. 

What does this theme entail?
It is characterized by a playful, carefree demeanour with feminine fashion bleeding through this style from the intricate details of a corset, to the material and shape of a bow. The style has drawn a lot of inspiration from the 1940s and 1950s, sustaining a vintage aspect and embracing trends of that time such as the pin up style with ribbons.

This style glorifies the old Hollywood ideals of beauty standards, championed by vintage icons such as the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. The Gen-z generation particularly enjoys how young and vibrant the style makes them feel and they are not only able to play with and romanticize the past, but then use this as a form of escapism immersing oneself into a world of glamour and romance






It can be a little easy to deviate from the brief of a film magazine with this theme because the aesthetic retains an innate element of undisputable style that is reflective of fashion magazines, so by not only researching inspirational images but also films around this era, this has helped me to stick to the brief. 





Film title and narrative
A tail of temptation. This is about a woman called Kyra Kainth, whose charm, allure and seductive side is second to none. Her beauty and brains, which make a powerful duo, serve as an asset that open doors of opportunity for this majorette dancer, and the film trails her journey from the streets of Bronx, to the times Square of New York City, as she climbs the social ladder in the showbiz industry, leaving many men falling at her feet on each step. 

Cover line ideas: 
Breakfast at Kyra's 
My fair Kyra 
4 awards in one night! (cover with trophies)






No comments:

Post a Comment

STATEMENT OF INTENT